Doctor insights on:
What To Do If You Inhale Too Much Bleach
Fresh air.: Don't worry, you probably didn't do any permanent damage. We've all smelled too much bleach or cleaning solutions at some point in our lives. The best thing to do is make sure the air you're breathing currently is without irritants like tobacco smoke or other vapors, and that you're sleeping in a well ventilated room. If you've developed a cough that's persisting past 1-2 wks, get checked out. ...Read more
I work at a dog kennel and sometimes inhale too much bleach to the point where I'm crying and it's hard to breath. Should I go to a doctor.?
Bleach inhalation: Possibly go see your doctor, but first, make sure you have plenty of ventilation around when you use bleach. Have a fan going. Also consider wearing a mask and diluting the bleach before using it. ...Read more
Inhaling bleach: Bleach is a respiratory irritant. It releases chlorine gas at the cell level. Chlorine gas is a direct cell toxin. It will cause coughing can cause chest pain and can cause fluid accumulation in the lungs. Its not something you should be doing on a regular basis. - use plenty of ventilaton and never mix bleach and ammonia - that will really cause problems. ...Read more
Yes: Inhaling a toxin like bleach can cause a chemical burn in the respiratory tract. Time should heal it ok. Just avoid any further toxins and it should heal. ...Read more
I have a headache now that I have cleaned with bleach. Have I inhaled to much? If so, what should I do?
I didn't notice how much bleach I was using in my restroom until my entire apartment smelled strong of it. Could this harm my unborn? Inhaled about 5min
Should be fine: The placental barrier provides some good protection and 5 minutes of inhaling a strong bleach odor, once it goes through your lungs to start would not be that problematic to cause much concern. All should be fine, but be sure to aerate the house with proper ventilation next time. Best wishes. ...Read more
Probably, yes.: There is no safe amount of bleach to inhale. A few fumes won't hurt, but in a closed space, its important to add some ventilation, especially if you are not diluting your bleach containing solution. Bleach fumes, in high concentrationcan worsen lung disease, and in very high amouts can directly cause lung airway injury. Never mix bleach and ammonia cleansers. ...Read more
I think I inhaled too much bleach and degreaser while cleaning, should I not breastfeed my baby, if so for how long?
Okay to keep feeding: Make sure you get some fresh air and are in a well ventilated area, but smelling the fumes of bleach for a short period of time won't do anything to your breastmilk. ...Read more
Is there a danger of inhaling too much when using a bleach solution to clean if I then go outside and get fresh air?
Sure: The fumes of bleach can be dangerous if inhaled too greatly. Assure you have adequate ventilation when working with bleach and if you are going to work with it for prolonged times, you should wear an approved mask for such. ...Read more
Help I feel I inhaled and had contact on skin with too much bleach. I am sick and breastfeed. Can I still breastfeed?
Ventilate the area well, that is for you, you have to clean up the air you breathe. But in general the amount that will get into your system is too small to have a substantial effect on the child. see
It is almost like begin at the pool which has chlorine and your baby goes in ti usually as well.. ...Read more
I must have inhaled too much bleach while cleaning. I feel fine, but whenever I breathe in, I smell bleach. What should I do?
Rinse nose out: You may wish to try rinsing your nose out with water. The sensation will disappear on its own, but rinsing out the nose may hasten the process. ...Read more
I inhaled to much chlorine while washing the bathroom with bleach and I am having difficulty breathing. I cleaned it in a closed room.
It is imperative: That you leave the bathroom and get fresh air (out doors). Chlorine is denser than air -so don't lie in a low area. Seek medical care as soon as possible. In the United States - we usually have the fire department enter the room first to ensure that cause of chlorine gas is removed and that area is properly ventilated. ...Read more
Live your life: Nothing.Get a more detailed answer ›
How do you FEEL?: Mixing chlorine bleach and ammonia produces a gas that will make you very sick without delay. If you have toxicity from this inhalation, you would already know. ...Read more
Breast feeding: Yes you should be able to breast feed without a problem. ...Read more
ER: Go to the ER.Get a more detailed answer ›
I inhale bleach fumes and now all I can smell and like the taste of bleach am I gonna be alright?
Get help immediately: Inhaling bleach fumes not only can cause irritation to the lungs. Contact with skin and eyes can also cause irritation. Bleach consists of chlorine and lye, both of which are toxic agents. Chronic inhalation can also potentially result in injury to other organs, including the brain. Recommend going to the nearest urgent care or emergency room for immediate evaluation. It is extremely dangerous. ...Read more
I inhaled bleach while cleaning bathroom, hours later I can still smell it and taste it, am I going to be ok?
Should pass: If you only smelled it, be patient. It will pass. ...Read more
Accidentally inhaled a lot of undiluted bleach (idiot move I know) while cleaning. Can I still take klonopin (clonazepam)?
I’ve inhaled a lot of bleach over the past week due to cleaning a non-ventilated shower room at work. My chest hurts and I’m coughing a lot now. Help?
May not be a problem: It may be a possible problem. Check with your physician, Chlorine can cause a lung problem ...Read more
Do I need to see a dr. After inhaling too much bleach or chemicals while cleaning? My chest hurts a bit
I inhaled to much bleach while washing the bathroom, now my chest hurt, I can't breathe, it's been 5 hrs. What should I do?
I was cleaning my bathroom and inhaled to much bleach and it burned my eyes and I can smell or taste properly all I can smell is bleach. Thanks.?
You'll be okay: These symptoms will likely go away in a day or two. If not, see your doctor. ...Read more
OK: You should be ok from a short/quick burst of inhaling the fumes. If longer and deeper breaths were involved than you could experience intense nasal irritation and "burning." Also with prolonged, daily type exposure, that would cause more long lasting effects. The one time exposure you had, should be fine, but in the future, wear a mask when dealing with toxic chemicals. Best wishes. ...Read more
Urgent medical care: Samantha, inhalation of chlorine irritates the lung tissue. Household exposure to chlorine vapors usually causes mild symptoms. I don't know how long ago you were exposed but since you continue to cough you may have had a more moderate exposure which can cause a chemical irritant induced asthma. it would be best to go to your nearest emergency department for evaluation and treatment right away. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- What to do when you inhale too much bleach from cleaning?
- Inhaled too much bleach
- My stomach hurts from inhaling too much bleach what should i do
- Inhaling too much bleach when cleaning
- Inhaled to much bleach while cleaning
- I think i inhaled too much bleach and degreaser while cleaning should i not breastfeed my baby if so for how long
- What will you do if smell bleach?
- What can you do about swallowing too much?
- What happens if you inhale too much bleach?