Doctor insights on:
What To Do If You Have A Sore Throat
What to do.: If you have a significantly sore throat w swollen tonsils / lymph nodes – see your medical provider ; get a strep throat test ; culture. Saltwater gargles are helpful. Mix a tsp of salt in 8 oz of warm water – gargle w this several times/day. You can gargle w aloe vera juice a couple of times per day. A mix of chamomile tea w honey ; a small amount of lemon juice is good. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had a cold last week, fully recovered and now I have the flu. Is this normal? What do you recommend? I have body aches & sore throat.
Secondary infection: The common cold is a viral illness affecting the upper respiratory tract. It is possible to develop a secondary infection with a bacteria since your immune system is weakened from the cold and usually occurs shortly after the cold improves. Unlike a viral illness, bacterial infections are treated with antibiotics. You need to see your doctor right away to be evaluated. A viral flu is less likely. ...Read more
I'm just wondering, if you have a sore throat and a fever does that rule out a normal sore throat?
Not always: For significant sore throat with swollen tonsils / lymph nodes – see physician & get a strep throat test/ culture. If you have strep throat, antibiotic therapy is imperative to prevent future complications. Consider tylenol or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications. Saltwater gargles: mix 1 tsp salt in 8 oz warm water – gargle several times a day. Or gargle with aloe vera juice twice a day. ...Read more
Infection: sore throats are usually due to viral infections. strep throat is a bacterial infection. sometimes a strep throat has a characteristic smell. also I have seen pt with sore throat due to a sinus infection with post nasal drip and this can cause bad breath as well. a visit to a doctor can get better idea by a appropriate exam. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do if you have a canker sore?
- What to take if you have a sore throat?
- What to do when you have a sore throat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do if i have a sore near my uvula?
- What antibiotic can i take if im allergic to penicillin and i have a sore throat?
- What can you do to stop itching in the hand if you have a fracture?
- What to do for a uti if you dont have insurance?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free