Doctor insights on:
What To Do If You Have A Heart Attack
Call 911: If you know CPR start it after calling 911. If there is an automatic defibrillator nearby send someone to get it or get it yourself. This will talk you through what to do. Even if you don't know cpr, doing chest compressions quickly (about 100 per minute) until help arrives may save someone's life. Better yet, learn CPR and take refresher courses every 2 years. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What can you do for someone having a heart attack? Are there any home remedies before you get to a doctor?
Heart attack....: If someone is having symptoms of a heart attack, like chest pain, shortness of breath, etc., 911 should be called immediately. While you are waiting for them to arrive, you can give the person an aspirin to chew and swallow, if they are not allergic to aspirin. Getting the person to the ER as quickly as possible is the best treatment for a heart attack. Don't waste time! ...Read more
Yes. No symptoms: Yes, it's possible to have a heart attack or myocardial infarction w/o having any pain (unlike classic redd foxx in sanford & son). More often, rather than chest pain radiating up jaw and down arm, patient might complain of bad heartburn that won't go away, difficulty breathing or catching breath as if elephant sitting on chest, nausea etc. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/heart-attack/ds00094. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do if you are having a heart attack?
- What can you do if you witness someone have a heart attack and stop breathing?
- What to do if someone is having a heart attack?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do if you have a kidney stone attack?
- What to do if i'm having a heart attack?
- What to do if you have heart attack?
- What to do if you are having a panic attack?
- Talk to a cardiologist online