Doctor insights on:
What To Do If You Have A Blood Clot
Go to the ER: This usually needs immediate medical attention.Get a more detailed answer ›
Get care right away: If you suspect a blood clot naywhere, you should seek immeidate medical care. Do not rely on the internet; i would recommend going to the emergency room. A blood clot (termed deep venous thrombosis) could be very serious since it could travel to the lung an cause a pulmonary embolism, which can be life threatening. ...Read more
If you are having : Swelling in just one of your legs, then get it checked out. If you have this swelling, and/or pain, redness, heat, then get it checked out immediately. Some people have blood clots in there legs and can be asymptomatic. If you suspect a blood clot, this can lead to something called an embolism, or travelling clot, that can be lodged in your lungs and can occasionally be fatal, so get checked out! ...Read more
Swelling and pain: While these are not specific, swelling and pain of the thigh or of the calf can be signs and symptoms of deep vein clots of the thighs. Blood clots of the arteries in the thighs would cause a cold, painful, and numb foot and calf. The only way to know for sure is to go to the er or see a vascular surgeon who can do an ultrasound of the blood vessels to see clot. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you do to stop itching in the hand if you have a fracture?
- What to do for a uti if you dont have insurance?
- What precautions do i have to take with a blood clot disorder when pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do if you have a urinary tract infection?
- What to do if you have a hangover?
- What to do if you have a ingrown toenail?
- What to do if you have a bladder infection?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free