Doctor insights on:
What To Do If You Get Water In Your Ear
Otorrhea: What can happen with an ear tube in place is that the water goes through the tube into the middle ear and causes an infection in the middle ear. This then drains out into the ear canal(called otorrhea with intact tympanostomy tube). It is best treated with antibiotic ear drops that an ENT doctor can prescribe for you. ...Read more
Water in the ear: Sometimes, nothing happens. Often, it is uncomfortable since water does not feel good when it's in the middle ear. It's kind of like water going up your nose. Sometimes, the bacteria in water that contaminates the ear can infect the ear. Then, the infected ear will drain and often be uncomfortable. That will require antibiotic ear drops. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hi wot does it mean when your ear is blocked and feels like water in your ear cud this be fluid ?Thanks
Treat problem: If the water feeling in your ear is due to actual liquid in your ear, treat the cause. If it is due to actual retained water from bathing or shower, consider a hair blow dryer on cool temperature setting. If it is due to infection or inflammation of your ear canal, ear drum, or middle ear, get it treated. It begins with a correct diagnosis. ...Read more
Can happen: If there is enough swelling of the skin/tissue in the ear canal, fluids (both internal and external) can get trapped in there. I've seen all kinds of secretions in ears related to otitis externa (swimmer's ear). Once you start the drops, often which contain a topical steroid, the swelling will go down and that feeling of trapped fluid will quickly resolve. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if you get water in your lungs?
- How do you get wax in your ears?
- How do you get blackheads in your ear?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you do if your ear hurts?
- What to do if you have fluid in your ear?
- What happens if you get water in ear with hole in eardrum?
- What to do if you get vicks in your eyes?
- What to do if you get a bug in your ear?