Doctor insights on:
What To Do If You Accidently Swallow A Lip Ring
I swallowed my 6 mm lip ring on accident. What should I do? It feels like it is stuck in my throat...
ENT doc: It may be stuck in your throat. See an ENt doc promptly. Xrays will be taken, it then can be removed. If you don't act promptly, any sharp edge may dig into the throat wall, making removal much more difficult. ...Read more
Mouth (mouth) " n. Pl. Mouths 1. A. The body opening through which an animal takes in food. B. The cavity lying at the upper end of the alimentary canal, bounded on the outside by the lips and inside by the oropharynx and containing in higher vertebrates the tongue, gums, and teeth. C. This cavity regarded as the source of sounds and speech. D. The opening to any cavity or canal ...Read more
It will likely pass. Look for it in your stool.
Be more careful!
good luck. ...Read more
Should pass: This should pass with no problem. See your doctor if you develop pain or bleeding. ...Read more
Don't know the size: But would seek medical attention if you have pain. Some objects may simply pass through the GI tract. Don't know enough about lip ring (size/shape) to know if it would easily pass or not. ...Read more
I bit my lip too hard and accidently swallowed some blood? How likely am I to contract HIV this way?
Confused: You are confused I think. If you have hiv, it doesn't matter if you swallow your own blood. If you have HIV and someone bit your lip them swallowed your blood, they could theoretically get hiv. But if you don't have HIV already, swallowing your blood has no bearing in contraction of the virus. ...Read more
Hello I believe I swallowed a small bar to my lip ring it isn't even an inch long and it isn't sharp really but I'm having discomfort inhaling.
Go to the ER:
Sorry to hear about what happened. If you are still having discomfort, it may be lodged in your esophagus, depending on what the bar to the lip ring looked like. If you aren't coughing, it probably didn't go into the lungs. Generally these things can pass through the GI tract on their own but if you're continuing to have symptoms I'd go to an ER. More info: http://bit. Ly/2oz39dU ...Read more
Ok do I didn't bite my lip bt I got a bloody nose and accidently swallowed some blood am I ok how much blood does it have to be to be poisonus?
Don't fret: Your blood isn't poison. It sounds like it isn't bleeding now. If your nose bleeds hold your nostrils between fingers for about 10 minutes. Sit up & hold your head & neck forward so the blood doesn’t just flow down your throat. If you are able to – place a moistened cotton ball over the area that is bleeding. If you can’t control the bleeding after 20 minutes – seek med help. Take care. ...Read more
Hi I swallowed my metal lip ring on 8/2/15 with today being 8/5/15 I have noticed since then I have been having a nose bleed out of my right nostril?
Not related: Most likely you passed the ring will pass. See your doctor for nose bleed and possible X ray of abdomen to see presence & location of ring if you did not pass in your stool. ...Read more
I accidentally swallowed the bar part of my lip ring. It's plastic and it's stuck in my throat. I tried to force it down or force it out nothing works?
Please: Seek medical assistance.Get a more detailed answer ›
The metal bar of my lip ring is stuck in my throat. I tryed puking it up and I tryed swallowing it nothing is working. I can defiantly feel it in ther?
Emergency room.: You will probably need professional help if the efforts that you have already made have been unsuccessful in dislodging the metal bar. You should go to the emergency room right away. If you have any trouble breathing, call 911 immediately. Good luck. ...Read more
Was gargling with listerene mouthwash. Swallowed about 1/4 of what was in my mouth by accident. Is this ok?
Yes: Yes, you will be fine.Get a more detailed answer ›
Had an accident 15/01/2016.hydrocholride gas loss of voice, taste, smell, earache can not swallow on rt side of mouth. Still the same after nearly 4 month?
Hydrogen chloride: ...gas rapidly turns into hydrochloric acid when in contact with water. It's a strong acid that can damage the tissues Some people develop a chronic condition called RADS (Reactive airways dysfunction syndrome). It is beyond the scope of HealthTap to evaluate & treat this condition. Please consult a physician (occupational health or ENT) who is familiar with this type of injury. Dr. Anne ...Read more
Hi I'm 16 I'm hearing clicking noises in the side of my head and when I swallow my ears make a click sound as well and my ears ring slightly and its more than likely it happens every time I swallow its becoming worse and is really hard for me to sleep I'm
I feel like I have something behind my nose above the roof of my mouth that I can't swallow. I also have a lot of pressure in my left ear & ringing
Need to be seen: That area is a place that needs to be evaluated by an ENT with a scope. After the initial evaluation the physician may also order a ct scan or MRI depending on what they find. There may be nothing there but it is an area where something can go bad quickly if not evaluated properly. ...Read more
Chapsticks they say keep out of reach of children. If swallowed contact poison control. I mean how can it be poison if it goes on your lips?
It's wax: They can't really say, "eat all you want", because there are chemicals involved, but for the most part it's wax and is totally safe. You brush your teeth with a potentially damaging chemical, but you're supposed to be only taking in a little bit, and not really ingesting it. The same warning is on a number of products like that. ...Read more
Found broken glass that 18mo/o must have dropped. What if he swallowed a small shard glass? I wasn't in the room. His lip had a tiny cut. Nothing else
Probably ok: Chances are he did not swallow any, or at least he has no symptoms so it is inconsequential. You could always ask your doctor to order an xray as glass is visible on xray. ...Read more
No problem: There should be no problems. Don't eat in on purpose, though... ...Read more
I use lip bless lip cream...What if I swallow a little cream while appiled ' anything will happen?
To worry...anything that is SAFE to put on your LIPS is sually safe if you swallow some!! Makes sense right???
Hope this is helpful!
Dr Z ...Read more
Swallowed a bit of antibacterial soap, should I be worried? Washed my lips with it, feel like I swallowed some should I be worried?
Harmless: Small amounts of antibacterial soap are not poisonous or dangerous. Very large amounts could be corrosive however. ...Read more
Infection: This needs to be evaluated right away, meaning today. ...Read more
Will lip balm like vaseline cause health damage with daily use as I no doubt swallow some of it everyday?
No: The man who invented vaseline swallowed a tablespoon full of it every day for most of his life. Just to prove that it is safe. He lived into his 90's. ...Read more
Swallowed a very tiny bit of shampoo. Still have the taste. Face is hot and tingly and lips feel numb. Should I be worried?
You will be fine.
If you have not irrigated your mouth, then do so.
This limited exposure should not be a problem ...Read more
I am constantly swallowing my own saliva, my lips are always sticky and the amount of saliva is forcing me to constantly swallow throughout the day.?
It is not abnormal to make saliva and swallow through the day, unless you are making a large amount. That is called ptyalism. See either a dental professional, general MD or ENT to evaluate your situation.
http://www. Oralb. Com/topics/what-is-ptyalism. Aspx.
or for a more technical link see: http://www. Fpnotebook. Com/ENT/Sx/Drlng. Htm. ...Read more
Stabbing pain at top/back of throat when swallowing food (not as bad w/liquid). red hard palate. Sensitivity inside upper lip. Almost 5 days now?
Pain on swallowing: Most likely viral URI. Can try salt gargle. Or if you can find it gum with aspirin in it. ...Read more
So I apply a lot of facial moisturiser to my upper lip each day. Was wondering if it's bad to ingest and swallow this as I taste it each time.
Usually ok: Most moisturizers are non-toxic because they are absorbed by your skin anyway. If you are concerned, you can always look at the ingredients or contact the company. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- What should one do if there is baby who accidently swallowed a very very small amount of meth and cries?
- Swallowed a ring
- What can you do about swallowing too much?
- Clorox poisoning
- What happens if you swallow disinfectant?
- What happens if you swallow a cap?
- What if you swallow a button battery?
- What to do if bactidol accidentally swallowed?
- What if i accidently swallowed benzoyl peroxide?