Doctor insights on:
What To Do If Someone Is Having An Asthma Attack
Asthma is a disease of the lungs caused by chronic inflammation of the airways most often caused by allergies. This inflammation results in airway swelling and hyperactivity leading to difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, dry cough, etc. MIT is a diagnosis made by combining clinical ...Read more
What are some tips to help someone having an asthma attack while waiting for an ambulance or after giving them their meds?
Bronchodilators etc.: An asthma patient has episodes of bronchoconstriction (airways tighten up) plus swelling of the airways & increased mucus. Inhalers like albuterol relax & open up airways; inhalers like Flovent (steroid) prevent or decrease swelling & mucus. In more severe attacks, extra oxygen is given, as well as oral or injectable steroids (prednisolone). Preventive medicines like singulair can also help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Normal, yes;: Some people feel awkward if they so much as sneeze in public. Should you feel uncomfortable? Absolutely not. No shame in fighting for breath. ...Read more
Calm: Try to calm down if excited, take long breaths through your nose, sit upright, contact 911 (emergency) if possible. If you are in an area where you know what may have triggered your attack, move away from the possible trigger. ...Read more
What can I do if my sister is weezing and can't realy breath can she be sick or having an asthma attack ?
See below: She needs to be seen by a doctor as soon as possible. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do when someone is having an asthma attack?
- What to do if someone is having a heart attack?
- What to do if you are having an asthma attack?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do doctors usually give you to take when you are having an asthma attack?
- What to do when your having an asthma attack?
- What to do if you are having an anxiety attack?
- Is there any way to tell if someone died of a heart attack without an autopsy?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free