Doctor insights on:
What To Do If Exposed To Scabies
I work in ems and was exposed to scabies while removing a body. Limited contact to gloves and boot sole. Changed unif/shower. Am i at risk?
Person to Person: Scabies are mites that are transmitted by person to person contact, either from adult to adult, adult to child or child to child.. Since scabies can survive for up to three days without a host, there also have been reported instances of scabies being transmitted through wearing or handling heavily-contaminated clothing. Scabies usually results in severe itching of the skin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Scabies: Scabies looks like lines of burrows on skin made with little mounds or blisters. They cause itching which is often worse at night. Although they can be anywhere on skin they like going into skin folds (waistline, axilla, breasts, between fingers, feet, wrists, knees, elbows,buttocks & genitalia. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Infesting parasite: Scabies is a common infestation caused by the arthropod sarcoptes scabiei. The mite is transmitted via prolonged direct human contact. The main presenting symptoms include rash and severe itching. If you think you might have scabies, please see your doctor and get treatment soon! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do if exposed to black mold?
- What to do if exposed to strep throat?
- What to do if exposed to whooping cough?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do if you are exposed to salmonella?
- What to do if you ve been exposed to asbestos?
- What to do if you inhale too much bleach?
- What should i do if my toenail fell off due to a fungal nail infection?
- Talk to a dermatologist online