Doctor insights on:
What To Do If A Kid Drinks Dish Soap
As cashiers in store touch items to ring up, such as drinking glasses I just bought, I worry of germs. Is washing with dish soap enough before using?
Washing: Absolutely - you should wash the glass before using it! ...Read more
Call poison control: 800-222-1222.Get a more detailed answer ›
My kid put several pieces of play dough made from flour and dish soap in his mouth. I'm not sure if he swallowed any. What should I do? I'm not in usa
It should pass: The components listed are not toxic in this amount and should not trigger any significant problem. Kind under 3 often explore the world by including taste as a factor. Bugs, pet food, toys, screws all have been ingested and will pass. The objects I worry about for such kids include button batteries & small magnets among others. ...Read more
If I don´t clean my dishes properly with dish soap...Consuming dish soap can be dangerous for my health?
Nope: Your body is amazingly tough. There are some bogus websites that want to scare you about the alleged dangers of artificial detergents, but this stuff is made up. We're much healthier thanks to eating off clean dishes. Best wishes. ...Read more
Any soap is good:
Recently there was a study to compare antibacterial soaps to regular soaps for getting rid of bacteria and no difference was found between the two
so I will say based on that any soap is good enough if used properly
the bottles can be cleaned in dishwasher and should be placed on upper level. ...Read more
No: If she has not vomited she may have some diarrhea. Usually there is nothing very toxice in baby soap. ...Read more
To clarify my previous question I Made soup not sure if I rinsed off all the liquid dish soap, Storebrand, on mixer do I need to worry?
Not harmful: Traces of dishwashing soap are on our dishes, glassware, and dinnerware. It is not harmful to us. That being said, humans put too much junk into our Earth's water supply. Thus, we should use as little soap as possible, and try to use environmentally "friendlier" soaps. ...Read more
May have gotten a little bit of dish soap in my soup should I throw it out or will be OK not sure that I rinsed the spoon enough used for stirring?
A speck or a lot?: If this is a matter of a tiny amount of soap on a spoon I would not worry; however, if a significant amount of liquid or powdered soap drips or granules, fell into the soup-dump it. ...Read more
Unscented: Unfortunately no dish soap is "good" for eczema but there are soaps that make fragrant-free preparations that will not be as aggressive on your skin. The best way to do dishes with bad eczema is to wear protective rubber gloves to avoid contact with harsh soaps and hot water. Or better yet have someone else in the house do the dishes instead! Doctors orders... ...Read more
Observe for problems: At the least, this will do nothing. At the most, it could trigger vomiting or diarrhea. For the most part this is just a reflection of a kids quest to learn about "stuff" using taste as a specific analytic tool. It is a good time to review your child proofing in the house for other possible toxic exposures. ...Read more
More information: Dish soap and other topical antibacterial agents should not be ingested. Consult the label on the bottle for the manufacturer's warnings or consult your local poison control center. ...Read more
I'm really scared I accidently drank a little bit of dish soap in my cup of water I'm afraid that its gonna hurt me my mom says im ok? Answer?
Should be fine.: I agree with Mom. Drink some more water just to dilute it a bit in the stomach, but if it was just a little bit in the cup you should be fine. It's doubtful that amount would be toxic to your system. ...Read more
My 8 month old sucked on a toy that had dish soap on it and swallowed some. She hasn't shown any weird symptoms of it bothering her. Should we worry?
No, dish soap is ok,: But the powder or pellets for the dishwasher are more caustic and can cause some mouth and esophageal irritation. ...Read more
The irritant was antibacterial dish soap. The inside of my vagina got very crusty with hard folds and swelled near the opening. I had never felt that before so I was just very worried. Is there a non-ointment option for treating swelling so it may go away
Let your body heal: Your easiest course would be to let your body heal itself. Unless you have symptoms like itching or bleeding form the lesion, your body will heal itself without intervention. If it is not getting better in a week, then you should see a doctor for examination of the lesion. ...Read more
Absolutely: I injuries from dish soap can be very dangerous. Many dish soaps ar alkaline (opposite of acid) and can cause severe and permanent damage to the eye. It is important to get it addressed immediately and wash out with exposure and then follow-up with an opthomolgist. ...Read more
Foam like bubbles around stool, reminds me of how dish soap looks after the dish soap has set for a while, cause for concern?
I wash my feet in the shower before work with bacterial soap. Can I use dish soap on my feet which is anti bacterial?
Any soap: You can use whatever soap you want. Any soap is fine. ...Read more
How to wash prescription eyewear lenses? Is using water and dish soap bad for lenses with blue light block coating? And how to dry them?
Soap and water ok: Soap and water are ok but many prefer a hypercloth available on line in most stores. These pick up oils and do not scratch, and they dry as they clean. ...Read more
Can water destroy hep c on an object if I were to wash dried blood off an object with water if I scrub with dish soap and paper towel without gloves
I cleaned drops of dried blood without gloves using dish soap and paper towel should I worry that I got infectdd with hep c or HIV washed h20 1st?
Unlikely if.,: If you have no injury on your hand this will be unlikely. All biological matterials need to handeld more carefully. You should follow up with your PCP if there is any symptoms. You should also inform your PCP about the incident. I hope this helps. ...Read more
How long will an allergic reaction in the vagina last? I cleaned my sex toy with dish soap that got inside my vagina causing swelling and pain.
How likely is HSV-1 spread by using the same cup as someone with an active cold sore, but washing it with dish soap and water before you use it?
No risk at all: Even without washing the cup, there would be little risk. Contact with the infected person's mouth by kissing or oral sex would be high risk for transmission, but herpes is rarely spread by indirect contact like drinking glasses, utensils, etc. Certainly with a soap a water wash, there is absolutely no risk. ...Read more
Washing not mine, dried blood off object why lowrisk for blood borne pathogens with paper towel dish soap and water? Washed hands after with soap
Low risk: Low risk, unless you have an open wound and blood from someone with a known blood-borne pathogen. The risk is still less than being injected with that blood. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- What to do if baby drinks dish soap?
- What should i do if my child accidently drinks dish soap?
- Palmolive dish soap
- Allergic reaction to dish soap mouth swelling
- What are the benefits of papaya soap?
- What soap to shower with for shingles?
- How to do a soap suds enema?
- What types of cancer do kids get?
- What to do if a child drinks dish soap?