Doctor insights on:
What To Do For Salmonella Poisoning
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
Depends: There are different species of salmonella. Some will produce only intestinal problems, usually diarrhea which may contain mucous and occasionally blood. Salmonella typhi and some other species produces a disease which starts initially with constipation, followed by extension from the gut to produce fever, confusion, enlargement of the spleen and a very severe systemic disease. ...Read more
Not usually: Most persons infected with salmonella bacteria develop diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps 12 to 72 hours after infection. The illness usually lasts 4 to 7 days, and most persons recover without treatment. Those with the most severe form are young children, the elderly and those who are immune compromised. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes-certainly!: Salmonella infections occur by coming in contact with turtles or other reptiles, amphibians, and its surroundings. Salmonella can cause a serious or even life-threatening infection in people, even though the bacteria do not make reptiles or amphibians sick.- in 2007, a 4wk-old baby died in fl, from salmonella in which the salmonella from the turtle and they boy, matched. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the treatment for salmonella poisoning?
- How do you know if you have salmonella poisoning?
- What to do if you are exposed to salmonella?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of salmonella poisoning
- Treatment for salmonella food poisoning
- Salmonella typhimurium food poisoning
- Side effects of salmonella poisoning
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online