Doctor insights on:
What To Do For Dry Socket Pain
Just got treated for dry socket today. Pain went away! how long until dry socket heals... Or until pain completely goes away?
See your dentist NOW: Dry sockets are treated with iodoform gauze on a daily basis until the tissue granulates in to protect the raw exposed bone. In my experience it can take up to two weeks for the tissue to granulate in so that the gauze is not needed. Please see your dentist/os to prevent other problems. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Treatment:: local treatment ( dressing) or packing the socket) can be provided by a dentist, and a general medication such as antibiotics can help with the infection.but best medication is prevention, allow a proper blood clot the time to form before rinsing or eating on the side, no smoking for a few days after the extraction and especially if you have already Ardy socket. ...Read more
Dry socket: Common post dental extraction complication. It could happened when the blood clot in the socket is lost prematurely, and the bone (socket) become exposed. If not painful is a self limiting condition and will be resolved in 7-10 days. Use a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (nsaid), keep the socket and your mouth clean. If concerned see your dentist for post-op examination. Take care. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do for dry socket?
- Very itchy rash around my neck its splotchy and very dry what to do for it
- What do i do for a dry mouth that causes my tounge to swell in the morning?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do for dry nose inside?
- What to do for bad wrist pain after reverse grip bench?
- What to do for severe pain after a filling?
- What to do for whiplash pain?
- Talk to a dentist online for free