Doctor insights on:
What To Do For An Eye Twitch
Eye twitch from stress - help please what can I do about my eye twitch from stress? I am going through a bad divorce and my husband and his mistress have caused me terrible stress. How can I make the eye twitch go away? Please help : (
Common: First of all eyelid twitching is common and not a symptom of a serious medical condition. It is almost always due to stress, fatigue and caffeine intake. Anything you can do to reduce your stress levels, such as exercise may be helpful. If you can cut down on your caffeine intake your symptoms may be reduced from the lack os direct nerve stimulation and better sleep. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Common causes: Eyelid twitching is very common, and can occur from stress, fatigue, lack of sleep, and overuse of stimulants such as caffeine and decongestants. Local eye irritation can also add to this, such as dry eye, allergy, and blepharitis (eyelid infection, inflammation). Eyestrain and excessive reading can contribute. Try reducing the stress/stimulant factors, and get an eye exam for the other causes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fairly common: An eyelid twitch (also called blepharospasm) is often due to stress, lack of sleep, or too much caffeine. Anything irritating your eye can also cause the twitch, so if it persists, or if you experience any other abnormal symptoms, follow up with your local ophthalmologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i do to prepare for an eye exam?
- What to do for an earache in adults?
- What is the best thing to do for pink eye if you cannot make it to the doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do for an insect bite that swells?
- What to do for an ear infection at home?
- What happens to an eye if you cover it for a long time?
- What to do for a swollen black eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free