Doctor insights on:
What To Do For A Blood Clot In The Leg
Avoid stasis: Veins return blood from the legs to the heart. Gravity causes pooling of blood in the legs. Contraction of the calf muscles pumps the blood thru the veins. Flexing your calf muscles while sitting in your seat helps. Standing up and walking also helps. ...Read more
Get help Immediately: This is a dangerous situation which needs immediate care. You will need bed rest, Heparin followed up with oral anti-coagulant medications. How do you know you have blood clots? Was it diagnosed by a physician? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes - w/o treatment: Dvt can break free from your deep veins, travel through your bloodstream, and lodge in your lungs. This clot can block blood flow in your lungs, which can strain your heart and lungs. This pulmonary embolism is a medical emergency. Dvt can also lead to chronic vein problems and swelling treatment with blood thinners is very effective in reducing risk. Compression stocking also recommended. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Deep vein thrombosis with blood clot in leg vein in pregnancy. How long do I need to take medicine for it?
3 months: I would recommend that you are treated for a minimum of 3 months post pregnancy with anti-coagulation. You should also wear your compression stockings for 2 to 3 years. This can decrease your risk of developing post thrombotic syndrome which is when the valves in the deep veins do not work and you have chronic swelling and pain. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Would aspirin help or worsen deep vein thrombosis? Worried about possible blood clot from pain in leg and going to dr tomorrow.
See 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to check for a blood clot in the leg?
- What does a blood clot feel like in the leg?
- What does a blood clot look like in the leg?
- What can i do for my blood in vomit without going to a doctor?
- What is the best kind of exercise after a blood clot in leg?
- What do i do for a dry mouth that causes my tounge to swell in the morning?
- What can i do to prevent a recurrence of a blood clot in my calf?
- What to do for a pinched nerve in the neck?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free