Doctor insights on:
What To Do About My Pilonidal Cyst If Is Grown Bigger This Year
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
I've had a pilonidal cyst for about 5 days now. (I have had one before 3 years ago). I woke up and it was draining. Where it drains it feels rubbery?
See a doctor: See a doctor and let them advise on what to do. ...Read more
I have a small pea sized movable lump on my tailbone under my skin. Noticed it about 2 years ago. Not painful or red. Pilonidal cyst? Chordoma?
I hav pilonidal cyst for past an year but didnot went to dr.. Its not painful? Shal i b concerned? Is it dang. to let it b? Itcauses a foul smell too
Pilonidal cyst- had it lanced & drain tube 1 year ago, has been recurring every 2-3 months since then! no ins so haven't been back to dr! very painful?
I think lanced pilonidal cyst infection has gotten worse big blister like bubble formed should I go to the er?
What is the risk of not having a pilonidal cyst removed? I've had one for 12 years and it does not provide much, if any, discomfort.
See doctor: Pilonidal cyst can often be managed with local care- shaving hair in the area, occasional antibiotics if redness and swelling occur. Cysts with relatively few symptoms can "burn out" by age 40 or so; it is rare to see folks over 40 with pilonidal cyst symptoms! however, your doctor can help you determine what treatment is most appropriate for your situation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Shave; have surgery: Uncomplicated cysts can often be managed with shaving the area. Dislodged hairs that work into the cyst cause the infection. Of course, some folks who aren't hairy have pilonidal cysts. If local swelling and pain occurs, infection is likely. Antibiotics can often treat the acute symptoms unless there is a frank abscess- that needs drainage. Recurrent symptoms usually require resection of the cyst. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- The toe next to my big to is red swollen and painful to touch what do i do
- My voice is hoarse sometimes what can i do to cure this
- What are anal fissures is this something to worry about if i am constipated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My hemorrhoids is itchy what shall i do or to put something on this
- What can do to get my period if i havent had in a year?
- What should i do if my penile implant is beginning to break through the skin?
- If my hdl is low what can i do to help bring it up
- Talk to a dermatologist online