Doctor insights on:
What To Do About A Pulled Hamstring
What to do about a pulled hamstring hubby is complaining that his hamstring hurts-wants to know what to do about it
Time: They vary in severity, and can take months to heal. Over the counter pain medication, gentle stretching exercise, heat, cold may all be useful. Consider physical therapy. If there are other symptoms like back pain, numbness, tingling, weakness, there may be a back issue. Consider seeing a sports specialist. ...Read more
Rest, ice, ace wrap: A hamstring strain of the muscle and or tendon may benefit from not only a decreased level of activity, but also local ice (7-10 days) and compression via an ace wrap. Most hamstring injuries heal adequately without surgery. A thorough physical exam, and imaging (mri), are beneficial to insure your particular hamstring injury is amenable to nonoperative management. An orthopaedic surgeon can help. ...Read more
Time: If, as u say, u have sustained a hamstring strain, then immediate rice is appropriate.Taking a NSAID for a few days after the initial bleeding and swelling has ceased can help.Some physicians who see many of these injuries in athletes prefer a steroid for a week(like a Medrol dose pak).Most importantly is rest and avoiding re- injury.Refrain from returning to sports before u have healed! gl! ...Read more
Back of your thigh: The hamstring muscles are three muscles that run down the back of your thigh (upper leg). They all cross the knee joint. Most hamstring injuries are up near around the top of the muscle but can occur down near the knee as well. ...Read more
Had a pulled hamstring for a while and once that completely healed i now feel this like ball/growth thingy on my hamstring....Is that normal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do about a pulled groin muscle?
- What to do with a pulled hamstring muscle?
- What to do if you have a pulled hamstring?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do about a hot coffee hand burn?
- What can you do to relieve the discomfort of a pulled tendon in your finger?
- What is better to put on a pulled hamstring ice or heat?
- What to do about a swollen wrist cyst?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free