Doctor insights on:
What To Add In My Diet To Guarantee A Bowel Movement The Next Morning
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
After adding fibre to my diet i'm experiencing the strangest bowel movements.Passing a lot of food whole&mucus.Bwhat am i doing wrong?
Change in motility: Fiber, of both water soluble and water insoluble variety, provides health benefits. Fiber accelerates how quickly food transits through the gut. Fiber adds bulk to stool and improves bowel regularity. Fiber can be used as an adjunct to weight loss by filling you up without excess calories, and in so doing restricting fat intake. But too much fiber can make you gassy and increase stool volume. ...Read more
It's normal: It's normal to have bowel movement once per day in the morning. If it's hard for you to do that, eating more fruits and vegetables, consume more fibers and most importantly, drink lots of water will help. There are also over the counter laxatives our stool softeners that you can take to help. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Early AM BM: It's probably normal. There may be a change in your physiology possibly due to getting older. You may be eating more regularly at the same time each day, possibly with more intake of bowel regulating high fiber foods. But if your bowel movement is loose associated with urgency, it could be irritable bowel syndrome. ...Read more
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Irritable bowel: If you are otherwise well.Get a more detailed answer ›
If I have a normal brown bowel movement in the morning and then its black in the afternoon and then brown again at night....should I be worried?
Black stools: The black stools may be due to something you are eating or medication you are taking. However, you should make sure you are not passing blood in your stool so see your doctor ...Read more
Why: There is nothing that says you have to have bm in am. If it really matters try cereal before bed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do i do for a dry mouth that causes my tounge to swell in the morning?
- What could cause my fingers to swell in the morning?
- I have a spondylolysis in my lumbar spine what can i do to relieve the pain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i have a pain in my tush when i need to have a bowel movement?
- What is the best way to detox my body and what is a good diet pill is it ali?
- Is there a way to help me wake up in the morning i never hear my alarm?
- What are the factors to consider in planning a diet for diabetes mellitus?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online