Doctor insights on:
What Things Predispose Someone To Chickenpox
Chicken pox: Chicken pox is an infection caused by the varicella virus. You will likely get the disease if you are near another person with chicken pox, who breathes the virus into the air but only when you have no immunity: which means that you have never had the disease ever before, or were never vaccinated. It is a very contagious virus and most people have chicken pox in childhood and never again. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chickenpox is an illness caused by a virus known as varicella zoster. The first time someone is infected with this virus, usually in childhood, he or she will develop an itchy rash consisting of vesicles or fluid filled, reddened blisters. Chickenpox is highly contagious and spread via infected individuals. We now have an effective ...Read more
Rare but it happends: Anyone who avoided it in childhood remains susceptible as an adult & rare cases are seen. It tends to be much harsher on adults. Blood tests can confirm that you did or did not have it in the past & a vaccination would be worthwhile. ...Read more
Please tell me what should you do if someone in your house gets chickenpox and you haven't had it?
Vaccine: Try and get the varicella vaccine asap if you do get the illness it may be modified. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What things predispose someone to bleeding outside of the brain?
- What predisposes someone to dermatomyositis?
- What predisposes someone to aortic stenosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes someone to shiver after sex?
- What would cause someone to black out while driving?
- What are some over-the-counter things i can buy to get pregnant?
- What factors can cause someone to become an alcoholic?
- Talk to a pediatrician online