Doctor insights on:
What The Icd For Pituitary Adenoma
Macroadenoma: If a 2 cm pituitary adenoma is discovered, it is likely that it has been there and growing for years, perhaps 10 yr, but it depends on what kind of tumor, whether it is secreting anything, what symptoms you have. For example, if you are a woman, and the tumor is a prolactinoma, you may be able to date the onset of tumor growth to the cessation of your periods. ...Read more
Some: A sella turcica scan by non-contrast MRI is a good test to find a pituitary adenoma. Some blood tests to check for pituitary hormone levels can tell some, especially is you have a pituitary adenoma to see if it is secreting hormones at a higher level and that medication therapy may be needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pituitary adenoma: Pituitary adenomas a benign tumors that off compress the pituitary gland and cause imbalance of the hormones. After surgery the hormones can be further disrupted from manipulating the gland when removing the tumor. Alternatively, an infection could arise in the surgical operative site. It is important to see your surgeon to determine the cause of the hot flashes and flushing. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the recovery time after surgery to for pituitary adenoma?
- What is the length of time for a pituitary adenoma to grow 2 cm?
- What is the surgery for gerd?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for lumbar lordosis?
- What is the most likely reason for clicking in my throat when i swallow?
- What is the best over-the-counter medications for bronchitis?
- What is the best treatment for delayed menstrual period?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free