Doctor insights on:
What The Difference Between Schwannoma And Meningioma
They are diff.tumors: Schwannoma - a neoplasm originating from schwann cells (of the myelin sheath) of peripheral or sympathetic neurons, or from various cranial nerves, particularly the eighth cranial nerve; schwannomas include neurofibromas and neurilemomas. A meningioma is a tumor that arises from the meninges — the membranes that surround your brain. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Brain epidermoid, is it the same as a meningioma tumor the difference between the two 3cm brain stem / 8cm front lobe?
Different tumors: A brain epidermoid is a different tumor than a meningioma. That is, the pathology or cell type is distinctly different. These usually are different on imaging studies also. From your question, it seems that you are describing an epidermoid adjacent to the brain stem and a meningioma in the frontal lobe. This is consistent with the different tendencies these two tumors have to localize. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tumor growth: These are tumors that arise from the lining outside the brain. They are almost always benign although some studies say up to 10% can become malignant. They start early and grow- some a little, some a lot. They are found frequently in older people without needing any treatment. Your baby may have one but unless it is large, watching it is best. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is schwannoma?
- What is the difference between diverticulitis and diverticulitis?
- What is a meningioma?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between epidemic and pandemic?
- What is the difference between arthritis and gout?
- What is the difference between sea salt and salt?
- What is the difference between curry turmeric?
- Talk to a neuroradiologist online for free