Doctor insights on:
What The Difference Between Boils And Herpes
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Not exactly.: Boils typically appear as swollen, tender nodules, sometimes with purulent drainage. Herpes is typically described as a crop or cluster of vesicles. The vesicles usually have a clear fluid in the center of the bump and are painful or itchy. See your dermatologist for proper diagnosis and management. Boils are usually caused by bacteria and may require antibiotic treatment. ...Read more
Bumps on my lip. One was a small boil and one was just a small bump. Only had it for two days. Day two they are getting smaller. Herpes?
I have a single bump on top of my mons pubis. Not painful. Could one ever get herpes on this area or could it most likely be boil/ingrowni shave alot.
It depends on how it: The bump could be a number of different possibilities. If it is painless, then it is not likely to be a boil or infection. I do not think it is herpes as that usually will cause a blister , red spots, itching or pain in the lesion. Anything deeper requires close watch to see if it is increasing in size over 2-3 weeks. If it is over 1-2 centimeter or growing you need to have it examined by doctor. ...Read more
- What is the difference between herpes zoster and varicella zoster virus?
- What is the difference between folliculitis and genital herpes?
- What is the difference between a yeast infection and herpes?
- What is the difference between a pimple and herpes?
- What is the difference between hpv and herpes?
- What is the difference between a cold sore and herpes?
- What are the differences between herpes simplex virus 1 and 2?
- What is the difference between scabies and herpes?
- What is the difference between herpes simplex 1 and 2?
- What is the difference between shingles and herpes?