Doctor insights on:
What The Causes Of Double Vision
Many causes: Potentially very serious symptom which needs prompt evaluation by an ophthalmologist or neurologist. Possible causes are cranial nerve palsy, tumors, thyroid disease, muscle problems like myesthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis. Less serious causes are possible too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many things : Sudden onset diplopia and vision loss can be a sign of increased intracranial pressure, intracranial mass, intracranial bleeding, neurodegeneration, vitamin toxicity, drug toxicity, infection, inflammation, trauma, and many more things. It calls for an immediate assessment from your doctor and ophthalmologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Papilledema: A condition of high pressure in the brain can cause your symptoms. See a neurologist right away to have an exam. An ophthalmologist should look at your optic nerves to see if they are swollen. ...Read more
See a neurologist: Please see a neurologist about this.Get a more detailed answer ›
VADouble to the side: Horizontal diplopia ( images look doubled side to side not on top of one another) when looking to extreme side most likely a weakness of lateral rectus muscles, born with or acquired types. Sometimes a neurologic condition ms or uncontrolled diabetes or blood pressure . If recent onset definite see an md eye doc for help. ...Read more
Depends: Is the double vision with one eye open or both eyes. If you have double vision that goes away with either eye closed, this is a more serious condition. This is cause many things including a stroke, inflammation, infection, or growth in the eye socket. If a person has these types of symptoms, they should see an eye doctor as soon ass possible. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the causes of temporary double vision?
- What are the causes of ocular double vision?
- What are the causes of temporary loss peripheral vision?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the common causes of sudden loss of vision in the lower half of one eye?
- What could be the cause of my right eye suddenly having very blurred vision?
- What are the common causes of temporary loss of vision?
- What could be the cause of my blurry eye vision any meds cause blurry vision?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free