Doctor insights on:
What Testing Do I Need To Have In Order To Get Gleevec
C-kit analysis: Whether patients with gist are candidates for Gleevec (imatinib) depends on the status of a particular gene called c-kit, or cd117. This is a test that must be run on the tumor biopsy tissue and is generally coordinated with the help of the pathology laboratory. In select cases, some patients are candidates for Gleevec (imatinib) regardless of their c-kit results, but this is highly individualized. ...Read more
Imatinib/gleevec: Please read here for detail answer: http://www.Nlm.Nih.Gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a606018.Html. ...Read more
What should I do if I have to take gleevec (imatinib) for leukemia and its hard to work because it makes me so sick?
Call Oncologist: There are a large amount of information on different approaches to manage toxicity based upon the response of the cml. It is expected that people will live for decades with CML on treatment. There are dose changes and other agents to be considered. Don't stop the drug. Have a discussion with your oncologist about the options for you to be functional. ...Read more
No data yet...: Gleevec (imatinib) inhibits a number of tyrosine kinases in cells (c-kit, pdgfralpha, c-abl) . There is very recent data that Gleevec (imatinib) may have activity in retinoblastoma, but these experiments where done on isolated retinoblastoma cells grown in culture. There are no clinical trials showing that Gleevec (imatinib) can treat retinoblastoma. Future clinical trials may be planned to address this question. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Keep it: If you are past 3 months, then it is best to continue to taking Gleevec (imatinib). Stopping it for a few months is another option. The drug is generally safe although there is not a great deal of experience using it in pregnant women, but there have been close to 100 normal pregnancies in my limited experience. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often do i need to have unprotected sex in order to conceive?
- What can i do in order to fly if i have a huge fear of flying?
- Do i need a doctor to prescribe or order pt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do i need to get pregnant?
- What do i need to get for a newborn baby?
- What do i need to have with me when traveling with a newborn?
- What initial tests do i need to take if i have hepatitis b?
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free