Doctor insights on:
What Temperature Is A Fever
Fever can be quite..: High and still be a normal reaction to an infxn. If by dangerous you mean malignant hyperthermia, this is generally not triggered by infection. Rather it most often follows anesthesia or neuromuscular blocker, and emerging data suggests predisposition related to mutations in many genes. For infxn-related fever, tylenol/motrin and supportive care. Should resolve w/ rx of infxn. If concerns, call dr. ...Read more
100.4 F (38.0 C): Fever in a child is a temperature of 100.4 farenheit or 38.0 celcius. In an infant, this temperature should be measured rectally. Temps taken under the arm in a baby may read falsely lower than the child's real core body temperature. Fever is more serious in a newborn baby in general than in an older child. ...Read more
14month old son.What temperature means fever?What to do immediately when fever?Give infant Tylenol or something?Pl suggest.
Take a breath: For most healthy children, I consider 101 to be a fever. For tiny or sick babies it's different. Take a breath and immediately take a good look at your son. Is he breathing usually/comfortably? Is he drinking fluids and having wet diapers? Fever is a defense mechanism which helps your body fight infections by making it less hospitable. Tylenol can lower fever, but isn't always needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What temperature is a fever for a baby underarm?
- What fever temperature is dangerous for a child?
- What temperature is considered a low grade fever?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What temperature is considered a fever in toddlers?
- What temperature is a fever for adults?
- What is the minimum temperature for a fever?
- What is the temperature for a fever in adults?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free