Doctor insights on:
What Temp Is Considered A Fever For A Baby
No: In infants the definition of fever is 100.4 (38C). If you have an infant under 3 months with that temperature, call your doctor or go to the ER. Beyond 3 months, call your doctor if the temperature reaches 102.2 (39C) or higher. Obviously, if your infant is vomiting, unable to arouse, or showing any other symptoms that concern you, call your doctor or go to the ER. Hope this helps! ...Read more
My son is 5 weeks old i want to know what it the normal body temperature for babies and how will i know if he has a fever?. What will the temp be?
What kind of virus passes through an infant for a few hours with only fever and otherwise my daughter seems fine just slight temp of 100.5 earlier?
Too fast: Viruses generally have a longer effect upon their hosts (your daughter), I do not know of one that would initiate and be shed so quickly. Perhaps it is a minor reaction to a mild virus, or just as easily be food related or environmentally induced. Take temp several ways and see, orally, basally, by ear, armpit. If she starts to really feel unwell consult with an md. ...Read more
Is it normal if an infant is running a high temp for their hands n feet to turn ice cold for the duration of the fever? And why
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What temp is considered a fever in children?
- What temperature is considered a fever in babies?
- What is considered a low grade fever in babies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What body temp is a fever?
- What is a fever temp for adults?
- What temp is a fever for a child?
- What temp is a high fever?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free