Doctor insights on:
What System Does The Bladder Belong To
When botox is used on the bladder is there any way to help flush it out of your system/ help it wear off faster?
The bladder is a muscular organ in the pelvis that accepts urine from the kidneys, stores the urine at low pressure, & expels the urine during voluntary voiding. Though seemingly a simple reservoir, the bladder is a complex organ intricately connected with the brain and spinal cord with sensory, motor, and autonomic circuits. The muscular layer that contracts during voids ...Read more
Where exactly is the bladder? Can you actually feel your bladder from the outside, if it's very full?
No: Bladder control is a function of the sphincter. There is no food that will improve control of the bladder sphincter. It is helpful to avoid ingestion of anything that increases urine production, such as alcoholic beverages. When the bladder is full it tends to have more urine leakage. Emptying the bladder more often will result in less bladder leakage. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pumpkin Seed Oil: While cranberry juice is great at keeping bacteria from attaching to the bladder wall, pumpkin seed oil (from pumpkin seeds) is probably the single best food for bladder health. Eating pumpkin seeds (also a great protein source) and using pumpkin seed oil are the best way to eat right for your bladder. Most people don't know about this secret wonder food for your bladder! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: It really depends on how much volume you are voiding. Most people void with 10-15 ounces and can void about half an ounce per second so you can do the math from there. You should have a relatively strong stream that is continuous so any significant changes in this might require an evaluation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What body system does the kidneys belong to?
- What organ system does the ear belong to?
- What part of the body systems does the kidneys belong to?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Urethra and the urinary tract
- What organ system does the thyroid gland belong?
- What does the heart have to do with the muscular system?
- What does the respiratory system have to do with homeostasis?
- What organ system does the bladder belong to?