Doctor insights on:
What Supplements Can I Take To Lower My Bad Cholesterol
Supplements is also known as Vitamins and supplements. A dietary supplement, also known as food supplement or nutritional supplement, is a preparation intended to supplement the diet and provide nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, fatty acids, or amino acids, that may be missing or may not be consumed in sufficient quantities in a person's diet. Some countries define dietary supplements as foods, while ...Read more
What is the best, most specific way to take supplements to lower bad cholesterol and increase good? Can you be specific about what dosages?
No good evidence: Best currently available agent is Niacin to both lower LDL cholesterol and raise hdl-cholesterol. Not niacinamide, and not no-flush niacin. There are known adverse effects that need to be followed, and strategies to minimize them, but need professional follow up. Fish oils, ala, resveratrol, coq10 are not useful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Avoid carbs: Carbohydrates are the enemy. Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, eggs, meat, fish, and dairy products are all OK. Niacin and Phosphatidylcholine, dietary supplements, are the safest, cheapest, most effective lipid-lowering agents known. They lower total cholesterol, LDL, and triglycerides, and raise HDL. I recommend 1-2 grams of each daily, depending on your lipid levels. ...Read more
I'm just wondering, if you had to pick one food item that will lower your bad cholesterol the most, it would be?
Low fat diet: But remember that 2/3 of bad cholesterol are manufactured by your liver and therefore diet can affect only 1/3 of the value. Your cholesterol targets are different if you have other risk factors (smoking/hypertension/diabetes/obesity/ sedentary lifestyle) or if you already have had heart attacks/ stents/ strokes/ etc). ...Read more
Cholesterol is a very specific fat molecule made by every animal cell on the planet, part of every animal cell membrane, enables membrane flexibility, cells to change shape, animals to move. Look it up ("cholesterol molecule" works best) on google images. Additionally, for most people hi-chol foods ↓ measured LDL particles while low-chol foods ↑ldl ; drive artery ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What herbal supplements or vitamins can i take to lower my cholesterol?
- What vitamin supplements can i take to help strengthen my nails?
- What herbal supplements can i take for hoarseness in my voice due to acid reflux?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What supplements can i take to give me energy for my aerobic workouts?
- What foods can i eat to lower my ldl cholesterol?
- What supplement can i take to make my skin look better?
- What can i do for sinus pressure so bad that it hurts to tilt my head?
- Talk to a cardiologist online