Doctor insights on:
What Supplements Can Help Treat Sleep Apnea
Supplements is also known as Vitamins and supplements. A dietary supplement, also known as food supplement or nutritional supplement, is a preparation intended to supplement the diet and provide nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, fatty acids, or amino acids, that may be missing or may not be consumed in sufficient quantities in a person's diet. Some countries define dietary supplements as foods, while ...Read more
Usually not: Most likely your 3 y/o has obstructive sleep apnea, which is caused by upper airway obstruction while sleeping. Usually this is from large tonsils and adenoids and can be treated with tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. Oxygen will not help the airway is blocked. Some children may have other types of sleep apnea or lung conditions that may require oxygen, so you should contact your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Some helpful hints: There are things that can be done to help lessen symptoms and depending on severity, may eliminate them. Weight loss, avoidance of sedating chemicals or medications, avoiding supine sleep can help. There is an oral device that a dentist can make and some medical therapies from an ENT that can help. Pap therapy is still the gold standard treatment and splints the airways open. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
CPAP: The treatment involves sleeping with a pressurized mask called cpap. In sleep apnea, excessive soft tissue in the throat, can relax during deep sleep, this blocks the airway and drops oxygen levels , disrupting sleep and causing other problems. A mask hooked to a machine that applies a low level of air pressure keeps the airway open. Many with osa are overweight and weight loss also helps much. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What supplements can help treat bipolar disorder?
- What vitamin supplements can i take to help strengthen my nails?
- What over-the-counter drugs can help you sleep?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What natural supplements can i take to help me lose weight?
- What can i do to help my baby sleep when he has a cold?
- How can i treat obstructive sleep apnea?
- What supplements can i take with trazodone for sleep?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free