Doctor insights on:
What Specialist Should I See For A Ganglion Cyst
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
Hand surgeon: Plastic surgeon or ortho.Get a more detailed answer ›
It may be very small: A ganglion cyst is a common benign condition usually associated with some weakness of the deep tissues surrounding a joint or tendon sheath allowing the synovial fluid to escape into a small sac or cyst. It only needs treatment if painful or bothersome, so don't worry! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: You could have a bone cyst or you could have tendinitis occurring. Usually , a ganglion cyst will be palpable through the skin , and if you hold a small penlight to it, it will trans-iluminate. Some physicians will try to aspirate the gel like fluid from the cyst and then inject a small amount of steroid solution to try to shrink it. A more definitive exam would be an mri, but these are rather costly. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A knot or ganglion cyst above wrist. When do I see a dr about it? Aches after prolonged use of hand & crawling feeling. Not bothersome at the moment.
Get accurate: diagnosis first. If it is a ganglion for sure, nothing needs to be done unless it causes symptoms. Sometimes, a simple aspiration and steroid injection would do it. Go an see an orthopedic surgeon. ...Read more
Commonly associated with trauma or arthritis the joint capsule becomes stretched. As the body produces additional synovial fluid to lubricate the joint the loosened joint capsule stretches and fills with fluid...The gnaglion. As the body produces more or less the size of the ganglion will fluctuate. Best ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of doctor should i see for a ganglion cyst?
- What specialist should i see for my diabetic foot infections?
- What type of specialist should i see for recurrent shin splints?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What type of specialist should i see for shin splints problems?
- What kind of doctor to see for a ganglion cyst?
- Which specialist should i see to treat rickets
- Should i get the aspiration for my ganglion cyst or try to smash it myself
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free