Doctor insights on:
What Sort Of Problem Is Ankle Arthritis
Arthritis is progressive degeneration of one or more joints. Symptoms may include joint pain, swelling, decreased motion, and stiffness. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, which is associated first with articular cartilage breakdown with a component of inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis, which is a systemic autoimmune disorder that affects joint linings first and secondarily ...Read more
Compensation: Your body compensates for the ankle pain by changing where the major of force impacts the ankle joint, which leads to further joint destruction over time in the foot joints. You also have different pressure points (a change in normal pressure locations) in the ankle joint which causes further arthritis to develop within the ankle. ...Read more
Symptoms: Like pain while walking or placing the ankle thru range of motion, or possibly swelling to the region. There are generally 2 types of arthritis inflammatory and degenerative. So, if symptomatic you should visit the doctor who may decide to order an x-ray or possibly an MRI to figure out exactly whats wrong and to formulate a treatment plan for you.... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ankle fracture
- What sort of problem is atherosclerosis?
- What sort of problem is ascites?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What sort of problem is an abrasion?
- What sort of problem is an aortic aneurysm?
- What sort of problem is alopecia areata?
- What sort of problem is an anorectal abscess?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free