Doctor insights on:
What Sort Of Problem Is An Aortic Aneurysm
Aortic aneurysm is a medical condition in which there is an balloon like outpouching in the wall of the aorta, which is the largest blood vessel in the body. Most commonly, this aneurysm occurs in the segment of the aorta that runs through the abdomen. Rupture can lead to massive ...Read more
I have been having front upper left chest pain and dizziness. I have family history of heart problems. My mom has a bad heart valve and an aortic aneurysm. I have no health insurance currently. What would be your best advice?
Several things: About 5% of men over the age of 65 have abdominal aortic aneurysms. Risk factors include: increasing age, male sex, family history of aneurysm (may increase your risk 4-fold), hypertension, and history of smoking. Dissecting aneurysms can be caused by localized damage to to the artery from hypertension or trauma (deceleration or sheering-type injury) or catheter injury from an angiogram. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Based on size: The risk of rupture of an aortic aneurysm increases with its size (diameter). When the size reaches a certain threshold, the risk of rupture becomes substantial. At this point, a repair is justified either with surgery or a percutaneous stent graft. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What sort of problem is an abdominal aortic aneurysm?
- What sort of problem is an abrasion?
- What sort of problem is an aseptic joint effusion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What sort of problem is joint replacement with an artificial joint?
- What sort of problem is an anal fissure?
- What sort of problem is an ampetamine overdose?
- What sort of problem is an allergic reaction to insect bite?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free