Doctor insights on:
What Sort Of Disorder Is A Cerebral Vascular Accident
Cerebral vascular accident is also known as Stroke. Stroke is cause by a vascular event that results in death of brain tissue. It can result from a blood vessel rupture causing hemorrhage, an embolus that blocks a brain artery or plaque rupture that ...Read more
What's the difference between a cerebral vascular accident (stroke) & a transient ischaemic attack (tia)?
Definitive damage: A TIA describes stroke like symptoms that resolve without other intervention within a short timespan, usually less than 1 hour although the classic definition uses 24 hours. A stroke describes irreversible brain tissue damage caused by a lack of blood flow (technically a bleed is also a form of stroke). This damage can be diagnosed definitively on a MRI scan, no such damage can be seen in the tia. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
CT and MRI: If you think you are having a cva (commonly called a stroke), call 911 immediately. The faster you can receive treatement, the less brain will be affected. A ct scan of your head will be done to determine if you have a hemorrhage after you arrive in the er. This is often followed up with an MRI with diffusion sequences in the following day or two. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is a stroke: There are two types of stroke, ischemic and hemorrhagic. Ischemic strokes are from a lack of blood flow. Hemorrhagic strokes are from bleeding into the brain. To recognize a stroke, look for asymmetry in the face, difficulty with speaking and weakness on one side of the body. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I don't understand: If you are asking can you have had a cva and not know it--yes, possibly. Then it would be something you've had before. Are you asking if it is a preexisting condition? Anything that you've had before now is preexistent. I'm sorry i'm not understanding the question. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What sort of disorder is a cerebral contusion?
- What sort of disease is a coccyx disorder?
- What sort of disease is a collagen vascular disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What sort of disorder is a facial fracture?
- What sort of disorder is a coronary artery anomaly?
- What sort of disorder is a facial injury or disorder?
- What does my weird dream mean is having strange dreams a type of sleep disorder?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free