Doctor insights on:
What Sort Of Disease Is Chest Wall Pain
Chest wall pain: Chest wall pain occurs with a variety of conditions. In and of itself, it is such a vague complaint that is has very little diagnostic specificity. However, it may be associated with serious underlying disease processes and therefore should not be ignored. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chest wall pain is a type of chest pain that is most commonly harmless. It is often caused by costochondritis, or an inflammation of the cartilage that connects the ribs to the sternum, or by a muscle injury to the muscles of the chest wall. It should be distinguished from other, more dangerous, types of chest ...Read more
Chest wall pain: Chest wall pain is very common ie with lifting or straining. Costochondritis defines an area of pain and inflammation on the breast bone area. Sometimes a late sequela of a pulmonary infection. The worst cause would be pulmonary infarct causing pleurisy or pain worse with breathing. ...Read more
Not that Iam aware o: Chest wall pain is the result of parietal pleural trauma, inflammation, infection, and pneumothorax. It occurs when the sensory nerves of the parietal pleura are stimulated. The lung and visceral pleura did not possess sensory nerves and, therefore, do not promote chest pain. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes chest wall pain?
- What are the causes of pain in the chest wall?
- What does chest wall pain feel like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What sort of disease is chickenpox?
- What sort of disease is christmas disease?
- What sort of disease is cirrhosis?
- What sort of disease is cholangitis?
- Talk to a thoracic surgeon online for free