Doctor insights on:
What Side Of Your Body Is Your Appendix
I don't have my organs on the "wrong" side of the body, but is it still possible that I have my appendix on my left side?
The appendix is a piece of tubing located at the bottom of the colon on the right lower part of the abdomen. It has no known function in modern humans, but was thought to possibly be a type of extra stomach back in our cavepeople days. Currently it's only purpose is to get infected ...Read more
Yes!: The appendix acts as a 'policeman' for our body. It contains lymph tissue that helps fight off foreign invasion to our body such as infection.In the past, it was regarded as useless in that it was often taken out during abdominal surgeries to prevent a future attack of appendicitis.It is now used in reconstructive surgeries too. It turns out to be useful but if it's inflamed it needs to come out! ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I have a pain on the lower left side of my back its painful to touch it but there's no marks, could it be my appendix?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What side of the body is your liver on?
- What side of the body is your pancreas on?
- What is on the lower left side of your body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when the right side of your body goes numb?
- What organ is located on the right side of your back?
- What is on the lower left side of your stomach?
- What happens when your left side of your face is burning and tingleing?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online