Doctor insights on:
What Side Of Your Body Is Your Appendix
The appendix!: The appendix is in the same location in both males and females! ...Read more
The appendix is a piece of tubing located at the bottom of the colon on the right lower part of the abdomen. It has no known function in modern humans, but was thought to possibly be a type of extra stomach back in our cavepeople days. Currently it's only purpose is to get infected ...Read more
Yes!: The appendix acts as a 'policeman' for our body. It contains lymph tissue that helps fight off foreign invasion to our body such as infection.In the past, it was regarded as useless in that it was often taken out during abdominal surgeries to prevent a future attack of appendicitis.It is now used in reconstructive surgeries too. It turns out to be useful but if it's inflamed it needs to come out! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have a pain on the lower left side of my back its painful to touch it but there's no marks, could it be my appendix?
Right Side: The appendix is located on the right side in men and women. However is can vary. It can be located anywhere on the right side up to the ribs and also down into the pelvis and in the middle of the lower abdomen. ...Read more
Yes: But it could a variety of other things. Best to see a doctor and be evaluated. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What side of the body is your liver on?
- What side of the body is your pancreas on?
- What is on the lower left side of your body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when the right side of your body goes numb?
- What organ is located on the right side of your back?
- What is on the lower left side of your stomach?
- What happens when your left side of your face is burning and tingleing?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online