Doctor insights on:
What Should Your Red Blood Count Be
Umbilical hernia. Surgery on Tues. no redness, but very painful. Lactic acid and blood count was normal. Haven't had bowel movemnt in over 24 hrs. ER?
Call your surgeon: Does not sound bad, but if your are concerned, call your doctor to get specific recommendations. ...Read more
Need to find the : Cause first. How do you know that you your blood count is low? You doctor who ordered the initial test should be in the best position to describe as s/he is likely to have the additional information needed to ascertain the cause of low blood count. In general eating a balanced diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts and low in saturated fats, no tobacco. Supplements may be needed. ...Read more
Depends on numbers: Erythrocytes (red blood cells) carry oxygen in the blood. If the number of rbcs is decreased, then the patient is anemic. If the number of rbcs is increased then the patient is polycythemic. Anemia (too few cells) is more common and can be caused by iron deficiency among other things. I would need more information to be more specific for you. Ask your doctor about your rbc count. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should your blood platelet count be?
- What should your blood count be when pregnant?
- What should your white blood cell count be?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your white blood count and red blood count is high?
- What should a normal blood count be?
- What is a low red blood count?
- What is a normal red blood count?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free