Doctor insights on:
What Should You Eat When Taking Metoclopramide
Metoclopramide increases emptying of food from the stomach and decreases symptoms of nausea, vomiting, heartburn, and fullness,. It should ideally be taken 30 minutes before meals. It's use in pregnancy should be reserved for severe conditions where the risks to the baby of not treating exceed the potential ...Read more
Yes: YesGet a more detailed answer ›
What meds can I take for GERD if i'm already taking Pepcid and reglan (metoclopramide)? What will help the mucus? I can't eat or swollow pills
PPIs: Proton pump inhibitors, such as Omeprazole (prilosec) or Lansoprazole (prevacid) or zegerid can be taken over-the-counter for gerd. Certain other things such as avoidance of fried and fatty foods, assuming supine position after meals, avoiding tight clothes, elevating the head of your bed may further help your gerd. ...Read more
Are the meds Chlorpromazine,Haloperidol,
phenytoin,valproic acid,&carbamazepine safe to eat to treat frequent hiccups.How long to take?
34 f diangosis idiopathic gastroperisos. Gained 20lbs in one month. Could this be from the Reglan (metoclopramide) I was taking to treat the gastroperisos? If not, causes?
Gastroparesis.: Sudden weight gain is a side effect of Reglan (metoclopramide). Idiopathic means that no cause has been identified. Make sure your doctor has ruled out diabetes (glucose levels can damage the vagus nerve) and other identifiable causes of gastroparesis including nervous system diseases such as Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis, before calling it idiopathic. ...Read more
Reconsider this drug: Metaclopramide (reglan) is a pro-motility agent to improve esophageal and stomach emptying. The side effects can be lingering, serious, and dose - & duration-dependent. I would suggest you discuss alternatives to this drug with your doc. If you intentionally overdosed please call 911 now. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should i eat more often when taking metoclopramide
- What should you eat when you have goiter?
- What foods should you avoid eating when taking warfirin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What foods should you avoid eating when taking warfarin?
- What foods are you not allowed to eat when taking doxycycline with meals?
- What not to eat when taking warfarin?
- What should you eat and drink when you have diarrhea?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online