Doctor insights on:
What Should You Do When You Break A Small Blood Vessel Under Your Eye
Depends: I'm going to assume you're talking about a broken blood vessel on the lower white part of the eye, rather than actually under the eye. If so, that's likely a subconjunctival hemorrhage, like a bruise on the eye. It can happen spontaneously and will usually resolve like any other bruise. If you have pain, vision loss, or it's worsening, see an ophthalmologist. ...Read more
last week i saw a burst blood vessel appear under my eye a small flat circle and a couple of days later a tiny one on my eye lid the larger is itchy
Worth getting seen : Your physician may need to see this if you otherwise feel unwell. Endocarditis can do this. ...Read more
11/24 I woke up and m eye looked like I had broken a blood vessel. A small corner had an red blood portion. 3 days later more of the eye is bloody.
Conj hemorrhage: Sounds like a conjunctival hemorrhage. Normal vision, no pain in eye and blood in white part of eye. Typically happens as a result of increased pressure in the eye like with couching or sneezing or throwing up. They can get a bit larger in size but after a few days, the size should now be at its peak and should slowly resolve over next two weeks, if continues to grow, see an MD. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Blood vessel: Blood vessels on the surface of the eye break due to coughing, sneezing, straining. This is called subconjunctival hemorrhage, and is a benign condition. Blood vessels inside the eye may break due to diabetes, high blood pressure, lupus, sarcoidosis, sickle cell, hiv, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Needs evaluation.: For an accurate assessment , one should see a retinal specialist (ophthalmologist who specializes in retinal problems). It is possible that a laser procedure can eliminate areas of bleeding if that's the cause of your symptoms. But, first one needs an accurate diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My sister has this persistent"small blood vessel vasculitis" for last3 weeks and despite steroids, no better. Any help?
Small blood vessel vasculitis, not receding with topial/oral steroids or colchicine. Never had history of vasculitis. Any help?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it okay to get a headache when you get a popped blood vessel in your eye?
- What does it mean when you have a trace of non hemolyzed blood in your urine?
- What happens when you get blood in your eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to you burst a blood vessel in your eye from power vomiting?
- What do you do when you get a burn on your skin and it starts to blister?
- What do you do when your 9 month old has a 1021 fever?
- Can you pop a blood vessel in your eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free