Doctor insights on:
What Should You Do To Massage A Stroke Patient
What should I be careful of when performing a massage on a stroke patient with right side paralysis
Great value: A nurse presence in the home can provide support for feeding, dressing, cleaning, and other activities of daily living. Extremely helpful during the process of rehab, as many patients will be unable to take care of themselves a visiting nurse in the home setting can allow other family members to pursue their individual responsibilities. ...Read more
Find out why: Never assume that a stroke patient doesn't know what they talking about. If they say there is pain, assume there is and then get a description. Then investigate what is going on. If you can't do it (because pain problems in otherwise normal people are often difficult to resolve), take the patient to a doctor who often deals with stroke patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Every 3 - 4 hours: Preventing bed sores is extremely important in a bedridden patient. Turning every 3 - 4 hours should suffice for most patients. Watch the sacrum and the heels, which are very susceptible. There are special beds available which can help as well. ...Read more
Very fast (TPA?): Improvement can be dramatic, sometimes within 10-15 min, and even up to an hour or so. ...Read more
How common do u see young patient with stroke. Is it becoming more cpmmon in young.Also what would be most common cause?
Common: I recently had a 22 yo female that developed a stroke a month after she started oral contraceptives. Young patient can develop stroke depending upon their risk factors, such as genetic predisposition, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, a combination of smoking and oral contraceptives, etc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should you do if someone has a stroke?
- What should you do if someone is having a stroke?
- What are the treatments for a stroke patient?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If you are constipated what should you do
- What should i do if a patient has chest pain?
- What should you do if you have an ingrown toenail?
- What should you do if you feel dizzy?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free