Doctor insights on:
What Should You Do If You Have A Pretty Small Second Degree Burn
See answer: The most important thing about burns is preventing infection. Make sure you keep the area clean, use a topical antibiotic cream 2-3 times a day. Any worseing pain, redness, prulent discharge, increased warmth around the skin, or red streaks, ...Then seek medical attention. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
For a small second degree burn that happened 3 hours ago, do I need to put silvadene cream on it? Is it available over the counter?
Protect it: An unpopped blister represents a closed sterile environment. Yes on occasion one can become infected then it is time to open it, however the risk of infection in a dressed open wound is still higher than that of an intact blister. The blister will gradually resolve with time i wouldn't use an ointment on blisters at all silva dine no help now. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How do I get rid of discoloration from a small second degree burn (curling iron) on my breast? How long will it take? Any recommended remedies?
Small second degree burn, got a blister popped by the doctor;its been 2weeks , inside skin is red, swollen with bubbles and itches a lot. Is it normal?
Normal Healing: Burns are the response of the tissues to injury from heat. It is simply inflammation which means increase blood flow to the area to promote healing. Depth determines care. Do not use ice worsens already injured skin. Cool water soaks help as can taking anti-inflammation medicines like Motrin or advil. Avoid any further damage as this can cause scarring . Good skin cream applied daily/gently helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: Superficial second degree burns can be exposed to air fairly soon. Deeper burns with blisters should be protected until all of the blisters have been decompressed. All burns should be coated with thin film of antibiotic ointment or a white cream called silvadene until the skin is fully healed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should you do if someone is having a stroke?
- What to do if you have a small boil on your mons pubis?
- What can you do to stop itching in the hand if you have a fracture?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do for a uti if you dont have insurance?
- What do you do if a person stops breathing but they still have a pulse?
- What should you do when you break a small blood vessel under your eye?
- What happens if you do not have a balanced diet?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free