Doctor insights on:
What Should My White Blood Cell Count Be
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
Not high at all: Leukemia is a word that means "white blood". Originally leukemia was recognized when the white blood count was very high. However, as we develop a better understanding, we know that leukemia can be associated with a very low, normal, or high white blood cell count. What is important is the process going on in the bone marrow. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Immune system: This could be serious, your immune system could be overwhelmed by some sort of non bacterial assault. Mold exposure in susceptible people can manifest as low WBC with activation of macrophages (monocytes) are you sick? See a doc who undertands immune system problems. ...Read more
Every time I have labs done, my white blood cell count is elevated. Should i be concerned, what to do?
Need more info: What is the total and differential count? Why are you having lab tests done. All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. ...Read more
For 5 years, my white blood cell count has been elevated. Should i see a specialist to investigate further why?
May be: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Having said that, if you were to provide the actual results it may be feasible to render an opinion. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should your white blood cell count be?
- Why are my white blood cell count low?
- My white blood cell count is low
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is my white blood cell count low?
- What is the range for white blood cell count?
- What is low white blood cell count?
- What is the white blood cell count for cancer?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free