Doctor insights on:
What Should My Hemoglobin A1c During Pregnancy
YES: Must see md asap.Get a more detailed answer ›
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
No - incr DM risk: We used to consider hemoglobin A1c (hgba1c) <6% as normal w/6-7 considered good control for diabetes. A couple of yrs ago, we relabeled <5.7 as normal w/5.7-6.4 as increase risk for diabetes while >6.4 is considered consistent w/diabetes. Talk to your family doc, change your eating habits & increase your physical activity. Then recheck in 3mo as hgba1c represents running 3mo average of blood sugar. ...Read more
Diabetic measure.: The HgbA1C is a measure reflective of your degree of diabetic control in the long term. It essentially represents a three month average of your fingersticks, as if you took a fingerstick every minute, night and day, eating and fasting, for three months straight and then averaged them all. Technically, it's the percentage of red blood cells that have glucose attached to them. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should be the hemoglobin level during pregnancy?
- What is a hemoglobin a1c test?
- What does hemoglobin a1c mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does an 83 hemoglobin a1c test result during pregnancy mean i am diabetic?
- Hemoglobin a1c
- What is a normal beta hemoglobin a1c level?
- What does high hemoglobin a1c mean?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online