Doctor insights on:
What Should I Wash My Second Degree Burn With
See answer: The most important thing about burns is preventing infection. Make sure you keep the area clean, use a topical antibiotic cream 2-3 times a day. Any worseing pain, redness, prulent discharge, increased warmth around the skin, or red streaks, ...Then seek medical attention. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It depends: Superficial second degree burns can be exposed to air fairly soon. Deeper burns with blisters should be protected until all of the blisters have been decompressed. All burns should be coated with thin film of antibiotic ointment or a white cream called silvadene until the skin is fully healed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a second degree burn and the skin peeled off and I want to know if its going to stay like that?
Skin antimicrobials: Second-degree burns will heal on their own, given good wound care and good nutrition. Burns on the face should be gooped up with antibiotic ointment several times a day; no dressings are necessary. Burn wounds elsewhere can have antibiotic ointment or silver sulfadiazine applied and then dressed with dressing changes daily in conjunction with a bath/shower. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Silvadene cream: Since this is a prescription cream you need to see a doctor. I would also cover the area so it does not get irritated. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i wait to tan after a second degree burn?
- What should i do with a mass on my vagina?
- I have very oily skin on my face what kind of face wash should i use
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I burned my hand what can i do to make sure nothing is wrong with my nerves
- What should i do with my blotchy skin?
- What should you do if you have a pretty small second degree burn?
- What age can or should i start feeding my son baby cereal with a spoon?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free