Doctor insights on:
What Should I Tell People Who Ask About My Disease
Your Business: Not knowing what your disease is makes it difficult to answer this question, but remember that no one is entitled to know about your disease. You must determine what you are comfortable disclosing and that may be different for different people in your life. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nice question!: You maybe feel (as i do) that behavioral disorders need to be understood slightly differently from primary physical disease. But they do interact and it can be hard to untangle the elements. Also, a dictionary includes as a secondary definition: a particular quality, habit, or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people. Eating disorders do! ...Read more
No: In some cases of genetic disorders there is a founder effect such that a certain genetic disorder runs within that ethnic backround. An example is ashkenazi jewish heritage is associated with a number of disorders like tay-sachs. Although variable based on the condition, spontaneous mutations occur in individuals such that they are affected but are not related to an affected person. ...Read more
Confusing question: These affected patients never live long enough to become fertile.The gene survives because it passes quietly in the unaffected carriers.Ts only emerges when 2 carrier parents give birth to an effected infant. ...Read more
? maybe smallpox?: I am not sure but smallpox has to rank way up there with a survival rate of 10% or less. Thank goodness it has been eradicated (some labs may have it?) hopefully some of the infectious disease specialists will chime in with an accurate answer. I am quite curious now. By the way, ebola, plague.Sars, anthrax are high. The most deaths in the world each year from an infectious disease is tb. ...Read more
Degos disease: Degos disease is a very rare condition that manifests to varying degrees. It's described as "thrombotic vasculopathy" which means that blood vessels get inflammed then clogged to greater extent than normal. Check out http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/degos-disease, https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/degos-disease/ & http://www.degosdisease.com/ for more info. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i do about my hair loss after having my ovaries removed at age 35?
- What should i do about a sore throat and white patches at the back of my throat?
- After having oral sex im not feeling well what should i tell my boyfriend
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What questions should i ask my neurosurgeon at my back pain visit?
- What i should do about taking my birth control while in a different time zone?
- Should i see doctor about pain in the middle of my chest and what could it be
- What should i do about my inability to straighten my leg?
- My father has advanced lyme disease what should i tell him