Doctor insights on:
What Should I Look Out For If My Baby Has Gas
Thats Normal: Baby will trap a little air every time it swallows. Thats the way the swallowing mechanism works. As baby gulps it down, you either burp it up or will deal with is exiting the other end. The digestive tract is just a long tube. Some parents swear by mylecon( gas drops) but its not magic. It may combine some bubbles but it doesn't stop the process. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
3 months old baby has been having wet stools, at first with a cold and now with RSV / ear infection. Stools look mucousy as if she's swallowed phlegm. Today she had 2 BMs at daycare, 1 at home, and passed gas that stained her diaper. She's feeding great b
Yes: It can be painful, if severe, but mostly it is just discomfort. When babies suck, they do so vigorously, and if they suck in air while feeding, that air must be burped out, or else travel the bowel till it passes as gas on the other end, which can cause cramping. When feeding, keep the head higher than the stomach, burp often, get a good seal, and keep bottles upright to stop air/fluid levels. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Babies, and people in general, get gas usually because there are undigested food particles and/or fiber in the large intestine. The food particles and fiber are then digested by the bacteria living in the large intestine, and bacteria's digestion produces gas. So, the foods that a person eats, that are items he himself cannot fully digest, will become food for his bacteria. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Digestive issues: Babies are born with all systems in tact but not fully mature. Many enzymes needed for digestion are not mature until 6-9 months. Many babies are also not colonized with beneficial bacteria in the birth process, and good bacteria aid in digestion.All these can lead to poor fermentation and digestion of food and hence more gas. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i do if i think my baby has a tick bite?
- What are symptoms i should look for if i have mold in my apartment?
- What should i do if my baby is too young for a flu shot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do i do if my baby has gas after feeding?
- What should i look for when my child has been stug by a wosp?
- What foods should i cut out of my diet if im nursing the babys very gassy?
- My wrist has been hurting for a few months and hurts badly what should i do
- Talk to a pediatrician online