Doctor insights on:
What Should I Eat If I Have Gastritis
No late night snacks: Late night snacks usually means going to bed with food in the stomach. People with acid reflux, gastritis, and related symptoms tend to do better if they stop eating after dinner, and go to bed 2-3 hours later on an empty stomach. They can reward themselves with a delicious breakfast the next morning. ...Read more
2 issues to consider: If Helicobacter pylori has been documented in association with gastritis then treatment is requisite.Not treating this bacteria places you at risk for ulcer non-healing, ulcer recurrence, & even stomach cancer.There are several antibiotic combinations that work quite effectively in eradicating H.pylori. After completion of antibiotics, check stool to document clearance. Regarding diet, pls re-ask. ...Read more
Avoid acidity: During a gastritis flare, your stomach is producing too much acid. Using otc zantac, etc can help but avoid foods that are acidic such as tomatos, onions, citrus (orange juice, lemons), spicy foods and caffeinated drinks since they are also very acidic. Eat smaller amounts, stay up right after eating, and try deeper green vegetables since they are more alkalanizing. ...Read more
So i have gastritis and for almost 3 weeks i bearly eat..but today i feel soo hungry and i already eat more than usual is this normal?
Yes: if u feel good you may eat more. But it may cause bloating, so eat small frequent meals. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i eat and drink if i have osteoporosis i dont like to take pills?
- What diet should i eat if i have pneumonia?
- What should i eat if i have the flu?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i have high cholesterol what should i eat
- What foods should i avoid if i have hematomacrosis?
- What medicine should i take if i have a smelly vaginal discharge?
- If i have a infection in my gums what should i do
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online