Doctor insights on:
What Should I Do When My Baby Temperature Drop
Condition not temp: Kids febrile response to illness is more a gauge of how well their body rejects the germs than how serious the illness.I've had kids with 105 giggling & running down the hallway while some with 100.4 couldn't move without pain.Any kid with sustained t >102 for >12hrs deserves a dr visit.I am more concerned about taking fluids, wet diapers & play.A 7yo with 107 last yr with flu did quite well. ...Read more
See below: The most accurate method is rectally. Certainly in an older child, you may not be able to do that. Oral temp in an older child is reliable. And, the temporal artery thermometers are very reliable. ...Read more
Not very: I am not convinced infants actually develop fever when teething.They have so many minor viral illnesses between 6m-3y in the same time frame that there is sure to be overlap.If they do I would only accept up to 101. Any higher & i would want to look to some illness as a source. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My babies 2 months old, her temperature is at 99.2, under her arm. I gave her little remedies but her temp, couple hours later, is still 99.2. ?
My son is 5 weeks old i want to know what it the normal body temperature for babies and how will i know if he has a fever?. What will the temp be?
My 7mth old has had a temperature (102-103) for two days now. Took her to ER and was told there was nothing wrong that it was normal for babies.Is it?
No, not "normal": A fever to 102 -103 is not normal, but it may not be dangerous. It is common for babies to have fairly high fevers in response to viruses. Hopefully they did a good work up to check for bacterial causes of illness. If they did and they didn't find anything, then your baby probably has a virus and just needs time to get better. If the fever doesn't go away in the next couple days, go back! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i do if my baby is not burping?
- What should i do if my baby is ocnstipated?
- What should i do when my molars hurt ?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What should i do if my baby bites while breastfeeding?
- What should i do if i find a tick on my baby?
- What should i do if someone was carrying my baby and slipped on ice?
- What should i do if my baby wants to be held constantly?
- What should i do to protect my baby when flying?