Top
10
Doctor insights on: What Should I Do If My Son Swallowed A Magnet

Share
1

1
What should I do if my son swallowed a magnet?

What should I do if my son swallowed a magnet?

ER or 911 ASAP: This is very dangerous and requires emergent removal. Call 911 or go to the er asap if this happens. ...Read more

See 2 more doctor answers
Dr. Robert Kwok
3,414 doctors shared insights

Children's Health (Definition)

Children's health refers broadly to the health maintenance and prevention ...Read more


2

2
My son swallowed one tiny magnet ball . Help?

My son swallowed one tiny magnet ball . Help?

Need x-ray: If absolutely certain was only one, then should pass. If more than one, they can stick to one another within / through the intestine walls and prevent passage, create perforations, etc. Have him evaluated to be safe. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
3

3
I think i swallowed a metal magnet, what to do?

I think i swallowed a metal magnet, what to do?

If it is small,: round and easy to pass - then would anticipate it will come out with your stool. If it is particularly large or shaped in a manner that might make it difficult to travel through the GI tract - then would consult with medical. ...Read more

4

4
How to know if you swallowed a magnet 10 points?

How to know if you swallowed a magnet 10 points?

Possible swallow: of a foreign object requires a trip to the emergency room to be imaged to see if or what may be in your body. After that question is answered you will have treatment if needed and peace of mind. Peace and good health. ...Read more

5

5
What to do if i unintentionally swallowed a magnet?

What to do if i unintentionally swallowed a magnet?

Magnet: Unless it is a really odd shape it is likely to pass through you and to be expelled with a bowel movement. ...Read more

6

6
I accidentally swallowed a magnet, what should I do?

I accidentally swallowed a magnet, what should I do?

Depends-size/shape: Ideally, you should get an X-ray to see if magnet has passed below level of diaphragm (likely though stomach). If magnet is small and blunt and you have no symptoms, then observation is recommended. If large, sharp or you have symptoms, seek immediate medical attention. Otherwise, If it doesn't pass within 4 days -> seek medical attention. ...Read more

7

7
What would happen if child swallowed a tiny magnet ball?

What would happen if child swallowed a tiny magnet ball?

Probably nothing: If it were a single magnetic ball, it would pass "in the end." the real problem might occur if one or more such balls were swallowed. They could stick to one another within the lining of the digestive tract and cause a necrosis of the gut at the point where they have attracted/adhered to one another. ...Read more

8

8
My daughter swallowed a very very tiny magnets from the tip of a pen, should I be worried?

My daughter swallowed  a very very tiny magnets from the tip of a pen, should I be worried?

See below: If she swallowed more than one magnet, she should be seen. They can stick to each other in the intestinal tract, and cause problems. ...Read more

See 2 more doctor answers
9

9
My 11 yr old swallowed a shiny onyx colored stoned shaped magnet maybe the width of a quarter but with depth like a stone?

My 11 yr old swallowed a shiny onyx colored stoned shaped magnet  maybe the width of a quarter but with depth like a stone?

ER: for an xray and further management accordingly, or if stable see her doctor or go to urgent care first for initial evaluation ...Read more

10

10
My son is 8 and had expander put in a week ago. He can't can't the food to stop sticking to the appliance. Like all the food that he chews goes on it like a magnet. We are having him take drinks, swishing drink around, anything we can think of. But always

My son is 8 and had expander put in a week ago. He can't can't the food to stop sticking to the appliance. Like all the food that he chews goes on it like a magnet. We are having him take drinks, swishing drink around, anything we can think of. But always

Use a toothbrush: Expander and also braces can trap food debris easily. Mechanical cleansing with a toothbrush is the best way to removed the food debris. Sometimes a water pick can help. It is best to get him to brush the expander and teeth after every meal and to avoid snacking in between meals. It is a good habit to get into especially if he will be getting braces later. ...Read more