Doctor insights on:
What Should I Do If My Son Swallowed A Magnet
Depends-size/shape: Ideally, you should get an X-ray to see if magnet has passed below level of diaphragm (likely though stomach). If magnet is small and blunt and you have no symptoms, then observation is recommended. If large, sharp or you have symptoms, seek immediate medical attention. Otherwise, If it doesn't pass within 4 days -> seek medical attention. ...Read more
Probably nothing: If it were a single magnetic ball, it would pass "in the end." the real problem might occur if one or more such balls were swallowed. They could stick to one another within the lining of the digestive tract and cause a necrosis of the gut at the point where they have attracted/adhered to one another. ...Read more
My 11 yr old swallowed a shiny onyx colored stoned shaped magnet maybe the width of a quarter but with depth like a stone?
My son is 8 and had expander put in a week ago. He can't can't the food to stop sticking to the appliance. Like all the food that he chews goes on it like a magnet. We are having him take drinks, swishing drink around, anything we can think of. But always
Use a toothbrush: Expander and also braces can trap food debris easily. Mechanical cleansing with a toothbrush is the best way to removed the food debris. Sometimes a water pick can help. It is best to get him to brush the expander and teeth after every meal and to avoid snacking in between meals. It is a good habit to get into especially if he will be getting braces later. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do if my child swallowed a magnet?
- What should i do if my son has a fever?
- I just threw up my barium swallow what should i do
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What should i do to help my teenage son who is hooked to smoking indian hemp?
- Do i need to use the magnet for my treadmill?
- My son swallowed mr clean
- What age can or should i start feeding my son baby cereal with a spoon?
- Talk to a pediatrician online