Doctor insights on:
What Should I Do If I Think My Baby Is Having A Tet Spell
Call 911: A tet spell is life threatening and should be treated emergently. It is similar to a muscle spasm, but results in a severe blockage of flow through the heart. While waiting for help to arrive, placing the child's knees together up against the chest may help blood flow back to the heart and through the area of muscle spasm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My son just had a fainting spell or seizure (on the way to ER now). Diagnosed with WPW as an infant but no symptoms since. Might this be a factor?
Comfort: Many babies like to drag their blankets around by the tag on the corner. They will often chew on the tags of clothing. It is usually a symbol of comfort such as using a pacifier. It your baby seems to have other unusual behaviors, please see a pediatrician for a good developmental screening test. ...Read more
Find Cause: I believe that infantile colic has a cause, which if identified can be corrected. Examples are formula intolerences, hidden acid reflux and mechanical feeding problems.99% of coliky behavior is correctable.If one looks for a problem, one can usually be found and corrected.Talk to your pediatrician or ask for consultation with me. ...Read more
Toewalking: It is common for kids to toe-walk well into their second year. The toe grasp reflex initially makes this quite normal as they learn to walk but they usually settle & walk flat footed by two.Persistence after 3 is occasionally seen & will eventually result in decreased flexibility of the ankle. Physical therapy may be needed to maintain normal tendon length & improve walking. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Some do some don't: Many babies with outies or pouties (not in or out) will revert to normal by the time they are standing up and crawling onto furnature.It takes that long for them to develope tone in their abdominal muscles. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I think i have chlamydia what should i do
- What should i do if i think i have sars?
- I think i have a varicocele what should i do
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I think i might have broken my ankle or foot what should i do
- What should i do if i think i have seasonal affective disorder?
- I think i have early periodontitis what should i do
- What should i do if i think i have genital warts?
- I have a rash on my elbow i think it is psoriasis what should i do