Doctor insights on:
What Should I Do For Severe Pain After Cavity Filling
Call your dentist: "severe" pain is not usual following dental fillings unless. Otc pain medication like Ibuprofen should be adequate to relieve any discomfort following fillings. Cold sensitivity might sometimes occur at first but should gradually diminish. "severe" pain could simply be caused by a "high" spot on a filling that needs adjusting, or it might signal a deep filling that's affected the tooth nerve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ibuprofen works: I would contact your dentist as there may be another problem besides pain like infection or the filling is too high. Ibuprofen works well for pain unless you have a medical condition which contraindicates taking an nsaid. Again contact your dentist to get some help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not uncommon: Slight sensitivity following a filling is not uncommon. Your own dentist should have given you some guidance in this area. If not, or this is severe or doesn't subside shortly, call your dentist for advice as to what to expect before coming in for an evaluation. ...Read more
I had a filling put in on friday on a cavity is it normal for the tooth to be sensitive to cold drinks and feel a bit of pain still after filling?
Sometimes: This is a fairly common occurance...It should go away after a few days if this continues or gets worse you should talk to your dentist I have my patients place a few drops of traumeel under their tongue to he4lp healing you can get this in a health food store. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have tooth pain 3 mos. After cavity filling. Dr. Examined it, saw nothing wrong, but pain persists. Seems to travel since i can't tell which tooth is?
See an endodontist: I would suggest for you to seek an endodontic evaluation by an endodontist (root canal specialist). The endodontist would be able to evaluate the tooth properly and inform you of the cause of discomfort and recommend the treatment of choice. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My mouth is hurting after a filling what should i do for pain
- What can i take for severe pain after cavity filling?
- What can i take or do for severe pain after a filling?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do for severe pain after a filling?
- I have joint pain on my middle finger what should i do for it
- What exercises or stretches should i do for patello femoral pain?
- Severe foot pain in my left foot on the left side of my foot what do i do
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free