Doctor insights on:
What Should I Do After I Take Emergency Contraceptive Pills
Also known as oral contraceptives, birth control pills are highly effective oral medications that use hormones to prevent pregnancy. There are two main types of birth control pills: one with estrogen and progestin (also known as the combination pill) and one with just progestin. The two main ways they prevent pregnancy are: 1) The hormones thicken the cervical mucous, which keeps sperm from entering the uterus on their way to the egg; and 2) By maintaining a level of hormone in the blood stream that prevents the ...Read more
Yes, but..: Yes, but you should seek the advice of your physician before doing so. There are many potential side effects to these medications and they may or may not be advised depending on your specific circumstances. ...Read more
When do I take emergency contraceptive pills? I have taken one this morning 2 hours after sex, but my boyfriend didn't ejaculate in me.
R there any side effects of using emergency contraceptive pills ..... How frequently can we take these pills?
Bleeding: The most common side effects of emergency contraception is irregular bleeding for 1-2 months after taking. Most widely used emergency contraceptive formulations are Progesterone only & there is no nausea. Plan b for example. Only older formulas using estrogen and Progesterone cause nausea. In some cases birth control pills can be used at high dose as emergency contraception and will cause nausea. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Emergency contraception is the method a woman can use to avoid getting pregnant, after she has received sperm in her vagina. She takes the hormone pills, which are usually larger doses of hormones used in oral birth control pills, within a short time (days) after her sexual activity, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If i take the emergency contraceptive or morning after pill
- What is the emergency contraceptive is it the same as a morning after pill?
- When should you not use the emergency contraceptive or morning after pill
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pregnancy emergency contraceptive pill
- Yasmin as emergency contraceptive pill
- Emergency contraceptive pill and antibiotics
- Emergency contraception morning after pill oral contraceptive sex yaz
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free