Doctor insights on:
What Should I Do About My Possible Dead Toe Nail
What should I do about a dead toe nail it hasn't looked normal in 3 years.... The nail is white and looks dead or taken over by some kind of bacteria.
See a podiatrist: You have options. The nail doesn't really serve a purpose. There are treatments which can remove the nail that is present and allow the potential of a new nail to grow back (assuming the root is not damaged) or you can opt to have the nail removed permanently. It is an in-office procedure with no down-time in many cases. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My toe nail fungus has progressed to very swollen feet and ankles with (dead skin?) or some solid white stuff popping out everywhere. need help! jim
Tophaceous Gout: Tinea unguium (fungal nail infection) is very unlikely to be involved in the swelling. I would work you up for high uric acid levels and send some of the 'white stuff' in for dark field microscopy (putting the sample in absolute alcohol and not formalin). Assuming this is gout, you need to be placed on a xanthine oxidase inhibitor to deal with the uric acid levels which cause gout. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
About a month ago half my toe nail turned black. It hasn't gone away or even lessened. What's the cause and how to get back to normal color?
Dry blood: It is very common to have bleeding under the toenail without an injury. Everyday walking causes pressure from the toenail hitting the shoe, which can cause tearing of the nail plate from the nail bed which will make the nail look black. In most cases this is self-limiting. However rarely this can be melanoma And needs to be evaluated. ...Read more
I'm worried because my toe nail on my big toe got ripped off, im a little concerned about the condition, what do you suggest?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i do if my toenail fell off due to a fungal nail infection?
- I cut my big toe and its numb what should i do
- What should i do about my hair loss after having my ovaries removed at age 35?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Ive had a sore in my nose for about two weeks what should i do
- What i should do about taking my birth control while in a different time zone?
- What should i do about my inability to straighten my leg?
- Should i see a doctor or a podiatrist about my ingrown toe nail
- Talk to a dermatologist online